Saturday, May 2, 2009

Read through the Bible

I have started reading through the Bible using a method designed by Professor Grant Horner. I resisted using it at first because it seemed too complicated. You read ten chapters a day but they all are in different books of the Bible. Some sections like Acts you repeat every month and some like the prophets you repeat every 250 days. Someone figured it out that it will take 15 billion years before you will repeat the system from the beginning.

I love reading just one chapter out of Job, Genesis, etc. When I have tried other reading plans I would get bogged done in certain books, like Leviticus or Job. But when you read just one chapter it starts to sink in. Also there have been a couple days where things came up that made it impossible to read. That is not my preference, but at least I could just do it the next day. I never felt like I was behind because I was off on days, like most One Year Bibles.

I have made it my discipline that I will not read other Christian books unless I have read the ten chapters for the day. I have fallen in love with God and His Word rather than human authors.

To learn more, go to www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46416541831

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Are you a good person? Go to www.needgod.com to find out.